21 March 2011

My Little Rainbow

When I was eight, my youngest sister Maya was born, and, in true hippy style, my mom let me and my then four-year-old sister Emma choose Maya's middle name. 

The morning baby Maya was born, it was raining and not long after she arrived, the rain stopped, and a rainbow spread over the sky outside our window. 

Because of this rainbow, little Maya’s full name is: Maya Rainbow Rose, and though she may still be utterly mortified by it, every time I see anything rainbow, I think of her.











All Images Sourced From WE HEART IT

7 comments:

GIAA said...

Great post ;) awesome pictures!! so inspiring!

xoxo

G.

http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Beautiful collection of photos.
When I was a kid they used to call me 'Rainbow Brite' or 'Stacy Rainbow' because my last name sounds kind of like rainbow. Rainbow Brite was a kids' toy way back when. Therefore, I think Rainbow is a wonderful name.

Leotie Lovely said...

Stacy, Rainbow Brite was also a huge insperation for the name...I'm pretty sure that is the first present me and my sister Emma bought Maya! Best toy ever ;)

Z--- said...

great photos!!xx

www.zscloset.blogspot.com

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

AWH so lovely. x hivennn p.s enter my giveaway?

Ruta, Look Ugly in a Photograph said...

OMG! That's so cool. I think that would be an awesome middle name! Beautiful photos as well!

Philippa said...

awww lovely story, I'd like to have a rare middle name. And I've always loves rainbowish things :)

xxx