18 June 2013

DIY: Flower Crown



Around this time last year, I hopped over the North Sea to Sweden to visit mina kompis' and celebrate Midsommar. We hightailed it straight outta Stockholm upon arrival and jumped on a boat to the Archipelago island Vårholma Ö, where my friend Magnus' mamma taught me how to make my first Swedish Midsommar Crown.

This year I'll sadly be missing the Svenska fun, but plan to spend my Solstice frolicking somewhere in souf London anyway and have updated last year's Mamma Mangus DIY for the city slicker who lacks wild flowers.

Here's Your How To:
1. Grab a bouquet of flowers from your local flower fawn, a pair of scissors and some twine (or string, or ribbon)
2. Cut a piece of twine that ties around your head
3. Snip a few flowers (leaving about an inch of stem) and using the remaining ball of twine, wrap (or knot) around the stem and the twine you've cut for the headpiece
4. Repeat until you have the front of the headpiece covered
5. Wear it til it wilts

Thank you to mina svenska kompisimo's and Magnus' mamma!  Jag saknar dig

No comments: