9 October 2016

#GoneGreen2016 | Day 188 | Zero Waste Challenge | London Bound

zero waste, english rose, rose, england, oast house, kent, uk, green, gonegreen2016
Day 188 / 365

Zero Waste Challenge Day 9 of 14.
Date: October 9th
Location: Kent, UK -> London, UK
Read: About The Challenge HERE | Day 1 HERE | 
Day 2 HERE | Day 3 HERE | Day 4 HERE | Day 5 HERE | Day 6 HERE | Day 7 HERE | Day 8 HERE 

My step-mother was in the midst of packing up and moving her parents, a sweet Dutch couple who I see as the reincarnation of Mrs. and Mr. Claus - only much thinner and better looking. Her father, Frank, a concert pianist, is a true artist in his own right; while her mother is a historian who gives tours in Flemish, English and Dutch at Penshurst Place, a prolific palace belonging to the Sidney family. They'd had a horrific time with the their landlord and had been forced out of their home, but had recently found a suitable but imperfect place to house them through winter.
To get out of their hair, I packed up and trekked in to London (paper ticket) to hunker down with my eldest brother in Tooting where I lived on and off for 10 years before I moved down to Paris to be with Shane (my husfriend). As much as I love country chill, having my niece and nephew at arm's reach ain't too shabby either. 

I grabbed some food from Sainsbury's so I wouldn't show up empty handed, purchasing organic hummus, pita bread, olives, and cava. Everything but the booze came wrapped in plastic, but it was 4:55 PM and a Sunday and the choices were limited.

Upon arrival I snuggled in with my niece, munched the mezze, guzzled some cava, and watched a few comedians with my big bro and my sister-in-law until the hours passed us off to bed. It was one of those days that might not have been riveting, but brought great joy all the same.

DAY 9 TALLY
[Landfill] 
Nada!


[Recycling]

1 Paper ticket from Edenbridge to London 
2 Plastic Bowls from Hummus and Olives  
2 Plastic lids from Hummus and Olives 
1 Pita Bread wrapper
1 Glass Booze Bottle
1 Card Receipt

[Reuse]
My Klean Kanteen

My Keep Cup 

[Compost]
1 Section of silk dental floss 


FOLLOW MY FRIENDS
A Bunch of my blogger buddies at EWC are participating in the challenge too, follow their reflections here (in alphabetical order):
ECO CULT
MY KIND CLOSET
REBECCA BRATBURD
STYLE WISE
SUSTAINABLY CHIC
SUSTAINING LIFE
THE NOTEPASSER
TORTOISE AND LADY GREY



PHOTO: HOLLY ROSE

No comments: